Mountain CAP's Business Development Program includes Business Loans and Entrepreneurial Assistance to local businesses. Our services are extended to either new businesses or existing businesses within the 11 county region of Barbour, Braxton, Clay, Fayette, Gilmer, Lewis, Nicholas, Randolph, Roane, Upshur and Webster.
Mountain CAP's Business Loans encourage community development, entrepreneurship and job creation. It is our goal to assist in the economic growth in our region. Below is further information:
• Provides loans ranging from $5,000 - $50,000.
• Provide up to 75% of the total project cost.
• Collateral is required.
• Applicant (s) must have good standing credit.
• Fixed Interest Rates.
• Funds may be used for inventory, equipment purchases, acquisition and expansion; no construction or rehab of physical structures.
• At the time of application, the business must not have more than 10 employees.
Funds are provided by USDA Rural Development. Please call for more information and fund availability.
Entrepreneurial Assistance is given in either Group Sessions and/or Individual Training. Both current and new business owners may receive Entrepreneurial Assistance; whether an individual is in the beginning stages of business planning or has been in business for years. Business owners can get help with creating Business Plans, calculating Cash Flow Projections, organizing Accounting/Recordkeeping and Business Promotion.
For more information contact:
Community Development Coordinator